Celebs flaunt their personality with distinct confidence and this confidence does not only lie in their figure, success, or presentation and personality but also on their white, perfect set of teeth as well. Almost 20% of people try concealing treats in photos to hide their yellowish teeth. Faulty eating habits, lack of calcium and food grains sometimes lead to stained and tinted teeth. Sometimes, such stained and yellowish teeth also initiates further more oral problems like gum problems, thinning of enamels, poor hygienic condition of teeth, etc.
However, you can treat your yellowish teeth. Dental science has developed way beyond and offers a distinct range of treatments for treating yellowish and stained teeth. Now you can also treat yellowish teeth with a wide range of tooth whitening home remedy tips. Before you can understand which type of home remedy solution can be useful for you, it is always helpful to have a detailed idea about the common reasons behind teeth stains and yellowish tint.
Reasons Behind Tooth Stains and Discoloration
The bright white color of the teeth is owing to the hard surface coating of the tooth known as the enamel. Right beneath enamel there is dentin, which is a rather pale brown substance which tends to emerge outside when your enamel erodes critically due to acidic reactions and chelating of teeth. Food habits, dental care and other factors lead to the staining of teeth and sometime you can also find this problem on your teeth due to acidic corrosion.
- Regular smoking habits.
- Excessive drinking of tea or coffee.
- People suffering from problems of dry mouth also have higher chances of stained teeth, since one of the prime jobs of saliva is to protect the enamel of teeth. Breathing with mouth also leads to drying of saliva, and consecutively staining of teeth, preventing the chance re-moisturizing of teeth as well. Excessive use of fluoride or antibiotics may also lead to yellowish teeth.
DIY Techniques for Tooth Whitening:
#1 Lemon and Baking Soda
Baking soda is known to offer great result for whitening of tooth. All you need to do is make a paste of baking powder and lemon together. These two ingredients can also be used for this purpose separately as both are good whitening agents, however when used together the effect is definitely more. Making a paste of both the ingredients, you need to apply them on your teeth. Make sure to wipe off extras alive and plaque before applying the paste. Keep it for one minute and not more than that, since keeping baking soda or lemon on tooth for excessive time can lead to erosion of tooth enamels.
#2 Oil Pulling
Oil pulling is a quite simple method of tooth whitening. It is specially done with organic oils like coconut oil, or other such organic oils. Swish at least a one tablespoon of oil in your mouth, and more effectively sip, suck and swirl the oil within the mouth and through your teeth for at least 5 to 20 minutes. Cleanse your mouth with water thoroughly and drink plenty of water to achieve bright teeth.
Tips for Whitening Teeth:
- Select healthy foods, and avoid junk food which are especially acidic and help in eroding your tooth enamel.
- Use a straw to avoid direct sipping and contact of beverages like tea or coffee.
- Crunchy foods like celery, carrots and apples and other vegetables helps to act like nature’s toothbrush, removes bacteria, and you must brush your teeth at least twice in a day.
Apart from that, you can also consult with some dentist and they will whiten your teeth with their medicated solution.