- General information
Sneezing is a powerful, involuntary expulsion of air coming out from your throat. It is the way that your body removes irritants and happen without warning most of the time. People often call it sneezing and scientifically, it is called sternutation. As it happened without warning, it is usually annoying and often followed with mild fever or flu.
- What causes flu
When your nose is blocked with dirt and bacteria in the form of mucus. Normally, your stomach will digest all those mucus to neutralizes harmful invaders. However, when it is stuck with too much dirt and debris, it will annoy the sensitive mucous membranes within the respiratory tracks, it is the time when you sneeze. This action is described as involuntary action from the throat.
Along with that most common causes, sneeze is also reasoned by these factors as follow:
- Allergens: It will come along with itchy sensations in the eyes or your throat
- Common cold and flu, caused by viruses: These are contagious infections, which are the direct reasons leading to sneezing.
- Nasals problems: as a signs of flu that you will find after that
- Drug withdrawal
- Breathing cold air
- Inhaling spicy
- Polluted environment: too much dirt and debris stuck your nose
- Home remedies for sneeze
Sneezing is completely not a serious health issues, however, it can be really frustrating as it not only affect you but also people around you. Due to this reason, you can totally treat sneezing at home, using natural home remedies. You can go for tips and natural way to stop sneezing without visiting doctors or using medicine. You can follow these ways, using your spare time. It will coming off quickly, most of them are just tips.
- Peppermint Oil Steam
This way is handful for those who gone down with sneezing caused by stuffy nose. There are anti-inflammatories and antibacterial in peppermint oil that works wonders. It helps to lossend breathing track and turn them into mucus that you can easily take them out by blowing nose
You will inhale peppermint steam for the quickest result.
- Boil a kettle of water then pour them out into a big bowl
- Drops peppermint oil into the bowl
- Have your face in front of the bowl and inhale steam.
- You can wrap a towel over your head to completely inhale the steam.
Inhaling the steam helps to clear and nasal passages and soften mucus stuck inside.
- Fennel Tea
Quite similar to peppermint oil, fennel is rich in antiviral and anti-inflammatories that helps to clear off upper respiratory infections causing flu, which end up leading to sneezing. You will not need to make steam to inhale from this ingredient, you all you need is to make yourself a cup of fennel tea. Here is how:
- Boil a kettle of pure water, keep it boiling for 5 minutes.
- Add few teaspoons of fennel powder and leave it there for few minutes.
- Strain the liquid and drink throughout the day.
- You can replace with water.
This tea can help to cure sneezing caused by mild fever and flu. One thing to remember using fennel oil is that you only should add the tea to boiling water, not from the cold water as it might destroy the oil in fennel.
- Drink 9 sips of water
This way is completely simple and people actually call it a tip. You will need small cup of lukewarm water, not too hot or not too cold as it is not good for your throat. Taking 9 small sips, without stopping. If you are female, you will take 9 sips and in case you are male, you will take 7 sips.
- Honey and lemon Tea
Another method to cut out sneezing caused by flu is to take honey and lemon tea. The reason is that Honey is high in antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Along with lemon is rich in vitamin C, you will have soothing tea and that prevent flu. You can make your own Honey and lemon tea as follow
- Boil a kettle of water
- Add few teaspoons of honey into the water.
- When take out, add few drops of lemon into the mixture.
- Drink while the tea is still warm for the best result.
This is also useful when you are coughing or go down with allergy.
- Saline water
Salt water is the natural way to cure all diseases and symptoms related to respiratory tracks as it is super antibacterial. This would help to sooth pain in nose and throat or mucus stuck that usually the factors causing sneeze. The simplest way to make use of salt water at home is to gargle it twice a day.
- Add 2 teaspoon of salt water into a bowl.
- Fill the bowl with lukewarm water.
- Gargle the solution few times before brushing your teeth.
To save time diluting salt water, you can make it one bottle and use for few days, keeping it in clean and dry place.
When you want to get rid of sneeze caused by runny nose, you can opt for garlic as a solution. There are anti-inflammatory and antibiotic from garlic to strengthen immune system. The simplest way is to include more garlic into your daily meals. Alternatively, to achieve the best result, you can prepare your own garlic remedy.
- Take out fresh cloves of garlic
- Crushed them well.
- Mix it with hot water and leave it to cool down a bit.
- Simmer the garlic mixture within minutes for the best result.
- The best time to use this is the night before going to bed.
Or you can prepare and use mixture right after you having sneeze, it will calm you down almost instantly.
Those natural home remedies above are guaranteed to be safe for your health and causing no side effects, even for babies so please go ahead apply them at home. It will not turn you down, and to your surprise, it can give quicker result than any other medicine.