Solutions for QuickBooks Error Code H505
QuickBooks error H505 is classified as follows: – Installation of an issue with multi-user hosting. The common result of this error occurs when you are trying to access your company’s file on another computer and that computer lacks some installation setup.
The H505 error code that originates in Quickbooks Error Code relates to a set of errors that typically occur when users are trying to access a company’s file that is not located on their computer, but that they But you can use a file even when they are in improper configuration.
Many error codes share similar solutions and users have reported that the error occurs mostly in multi-user environments and is certainly more in the case of communication between multiple connected devices or accounts than a single company file sharing. It makes it difficult.
Quickbooks error due to H505
- When you try to access a company file placed on another computer, and the Quickbooks software fails to access the server, the error is caused by H202
- The Quickbooks [server name] installed in the system is set up to allow all shared connections to the company file, but the Quickbooks software cannot cause an error in H202.
- Some errors (H101, H303) when you save your company file to another computer, some errors (H101, H303 and H505) are errors that require additional installation and setup for a successful approach.
- Failed to open the Quickbooks company file on workstation user while setting Quickbooks in multi-user mode.
The instructions below should be helpful to those who are experiencing this error code. A lot of solutions have been displayed so make sure you follow them one by one until one of them resolves your problem.
Read More:-Quickbooks Support
1. Verify the Hosting Process
Since this error regularly happens in the multi-client condition where one PC (the server) fills in as a host, you completely need to ensure that just a single PC has the facilitating alternative empowered by following the means beneath for every PC or workstation identified with the undertaking aside from the facilitating PC.
- Open QuickBooks by double-tapping its symbol and explore to File >> Utilities.
- You ought to have the option to see Host Multi-User Access alternative on the rundown which shows up which implies that this PC isn’t facilitating the organization document and it’s sheltered to proceed onward to the following PC. Ensure you don’t transform anything on the off chance that you see this alternative.
- In the event that you click on File,>> Utilities and you see the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access click on this choice which will keep this PC from being the host, leaving just the host PC.
- Rehash this procedure for all PCs aside from the genuine host.
2. Check to See if Proper Services are Running
- On the off chance that you are utilizing a variant of Windows more seasoned than Windows 10, the least demanding route for you to get to the administrations running on your PC is tapping on the Start catch and exploring to the Run discourse box.
- Type services.msc in the exchange box and trust that the rundown of administrations will open.
- In the event that you are utilizing Windows 10, you can likewise get to Services by utilizing the Ctrl + Shift + Esc key blend so as to raise Task Manager.
- Explore to the Services tab in Task Manager and snap-on Open Services at the base of its windows, beside the riggings symbol.
After you have effectively open Services, adhere to the directions underneath.
- Find the QuickbooksDBXX by tapping on the Name section so as to sort the administrations in an in sequential order request.
- Right-click on Administration and snap to Properties.
- Explore to the Startup type and set it to Automatic yet ensure it’s administration status is Running or Started.
- In the event that the status says Stopped you should tap on the Start button situated in the Properties window before continuing.
- Next, click on the recuperation tab, find the First disappointment choice and pick Restart the Service. This alternative ensures that the administration will restart naturally on the off chance that it comes up short. Do likewise for Second Failure and Subsequent disappointments.
3. Open the Network Ports QuickBooks Uses to Transmit Data
- You can likewise change the view to Large or Small symbols and snap-on Windows Firewall immediately.
- Select the Advanced settings alternatives and feature Inbound Rules in the left segment of the screen.
- Right-click the inbound rule and snap-on in the new rule. Under the Rule Type area, select Port. Select TCP from the primary arrangement of radio catches (TCP is prescribed) and change the subsequent radio catch to “Explicit nearby ports. You should include the accompanying ports so as to fix QuickBooks refreshing usefulness:-
- QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382
- QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377
- QuickBooks Desktop 2016: 8019, 56726, 55368-55372
- QuickBooks Desktop 2015: 8019, 56725, 55363-55367
- Ensure you separate them by a trance-like state right to the keep going one and snap-on Next after you have wrapped up.
- In the following window, select the Allow Association radio grab option and click on the Next button.
- Select the system type when you need to implement this standard. The next time you change and the next time you start with a system association, it is suggested that you have full knowledge of the options selected before clicking Next.
- Name the standard something which sounds good to you and snap Finish.