Water quality testing is done by large treatment facilities and has to be passed before it is sent to your home in Australia. Firms that specialise in filtration offer another kind of quality test that’s a bit more accurate. Tests conducted by the large treatment facilities feature a couple of varying drawbacks as regards testing conditions as well as the need to report every single contaminant. Some contaminants are still yet to be verified to be safe for human consumption thus they aren’t included on test reports at this stage.
Some cons of treatment facility testing
- THMs or Trihalomethanes – These are toxic gases whose levels increase whenever water is heated. Essentially, when you take a hot shower, you are inhaling considerably larger quantities of the gases and they will get absorbed into your skin too.
- Cold testing – Treatment facilities do cold testing thus the levels of THMs that is given on your report will surely be inaccurate in comparison to their levels when you use the water in your home.
- Unevaluated compounds – Certain VOCs or volatile organic compounds like perchlorate have not yet been evaluated as regards a ‘safe’ level, and will thus be absent from the quality test. Perchlorate is a natural element that’s used in producing rocket fuel and is quite dangerous. Also, it has been linked to the human endocrine system’s damage.
Some pros of water filter technology
Strict guidelines as well as regulations in Australia help in making sure that when you ask the ‘which is the firm that offers the best water quality testing near me’ question, whichever filtration firm eventually becomes your answer offers an accurate and informative test. A quality test that is offered by any of the foremost firms in the business will surely show;
- The contaminants that have been removed.
- Testing conditions that were used.
- The expectations of eventual water quality.
- Quality comparisons with other varying treatment facilities.
Having a residential filtration device installed in your home will help to make sure that you get complete access to the best that any superior quality test can actually offer.
Residential water filtration devices help to eliminate all elements like lead, bacteria, and chlorine, which are responsible for making water to feature a smell or taste which is unpleasant. Residential water filtration systems will help to enhance the all-round taste, purity, as well as the smell of your home’s drinking water. Also, these systems help to significantly lower the pH level that’s featured by the water that you drink.
Having the water you drink at home filtered, is crucial to keeping harmful parasites and bacteria out of your drinking water. Cryptosporidium is chlorine-resistant and has to be filtered out using mechanical filters.
Several individuals are not even aware of all of the facts of water quality testing that have been offered in this article, and they are drinking the kind of water that could even be detrimental to their general health. You should take complete control of your own health today by making sure that you drink only water that is completely safe and pure. So, why not get a filtration device to make this certain?