Mural or mural art is a piece of artwork that is applied or painted directly on any permanent surface like the wall or ceiling. The most distinguishing characteristic of this form of artwork or painting is the use of architectural elements of a given space incorporated harmoniously into a piece of art or picture.
It is said that mural art can define time. Murals have been used for ages by our forefathers to describe historical events, timelines, maps, perceptions of heaven, gods and goddesses, sacred rituals, and much more. Mural art has the power to empower and taking any subject matter to the very edge of bringing it as close as real life and all because of its magnitude of size.
Now, that you have made up your mind to have your mural, you must choose the right mural artist. Here are few important things that you should know before you choose a mural artist.
- Look for references: Before you finalize any mural artist make sure that you check for references and find out about his professional experience. Your artists should understand and know what you want and you should also know what to expect from them.
- Check examples: After you have all the references of the mural artist Melbourne, it would be a great idea to check for his work in the real world.
- Understand the artist’s specialty: Every mural artist would have their specialty. Something that they do very well. It would be wise and a great combination if the specialty of the mural artist Melbourne matches what you are looking for.
- Discuss in detail what exactly you want: Everyone has their ways of understanding a thing. Nobody would have the same idea about a particular thing. For some, it might be just an art form that brings imaginations onto walls and for some mural artists in Melbourne, it is something that they specialize in and enjoys doing. Be specific and convey what you want.
- Get price estimation: It is important to have price estimation once you have finalized with the mural artists what is to be done. In general, the figure quoted would be a firm figure but at times, many artists put a clause or two in the estimates. Discuss every clause in detail with the mural artist Melbourne and clarify everything before proceeding with the work.
- Do not accept too much: Do not be over judging and presuming things. Every artist is different and everyone has their style of working which they will convey in the beginning. Do not have unusual expectations.
- Understand the way mural artists charge: Every mural artist has their way of charging. Some may charge for the complete work within a stipulated and announced estimated time frame and some may also charge on an hourly basis. Understand both the ways in detail so that there are no confusions left till the last minute.